The Macallan has unveiled Classic Cut, a truly indulgent limited edition single malt whisky that has been bottled to perfectly unlock its unique flavor profile.
Classic Cut is an expression of the Macallan’s ongoing quest to seek out the extraordinary and in doing so it has created the unique character, desired flavors and aromas associated with this remarkable peerless spirit. This special and memorable flavor profile will never be repeated, making it truly collectable.
Matured exclusively in hand-picked, exceptional oak casks seasoned with Oloroso sherry from Jerez, Spain, The Macallan Classic Cut has been created by the Macallan Master Whisky Maker to reveal a unique character. The hand-picked sherry seasoned American and European oak casks provide the greatest contribution to the quality, natural color, distinctive aromas and flavors of this timeless spirit.
“Inspiration and innovation lie at the heart of The Macallan and in Classic Cut we have gone to extraordinary lengths to reveal the unique character of the whisky. With its combination of flavors of caramel, orange zest and nutmeg spice, and a satisfyingly long finish, this truly indulgent single malt whisky is one to savour in your own time.”
– Nick Savage, Master Whisky Distiller, The Macallan
The Macallan Classic Cut is currently available in the USA at a recommended retail price of $89 per 750ml bottle.
- Color: Color of autumn sunset.
- Nose: Memorable aromas of creamy vanilla custard, sweet ginger and fresh sweet oak.
- Palate: The palate complements the aromas with suggestions of caramel, hints of orange zest and a warming nutmeg spice.
- Finish: The finish is satisfyingly long, with a warming oak and a sweet mouth coating.
For more information, visit TheMacallan.com.