SOUTH FLORIDA MIXES WITH MEZCAL VIEJO INDECENTE
Viejo Indecente Mezcal is inviting South Florida mixologists to ‘open the door’ to their true nature during their Mixing with Mezcal event. The grand prize is a trip to the Viejo Indecente Distillery in Oaxaca, Mexico! Mixologists, remember to use hashtag #GettingIndecente when sharing your submission on Instagram or Facebook.
BRING YOUR BEST MIXOLOGY SKILLS
Viejo Indecente will select cocktails fiery enough to entice South Florida’s hot drinking scene.
Click here for the official rules & guidelines.
The most memorable mezcal recipes from six (6) Floridian finalists will be chosen based on ease of execution, creativity of name and ingredients and use of Viejo Indecente Mezcal. The drinks will also be judged on taste and marketing of your cocktail.
Finalists will be invited to join each other at a live competition, mixing up their mezcal cocktails for a chance to win a grand prize trip to the Viejo Indecente distillery in Oaxaca, Mexico.
Your cocktail will be judged based on the following scoring:
- 30% Cocktail Taste
- 20% Creativity
- 20% Marketing of Your Cocktail (Ie. posting your cocktail on social media, getting your cocktail on any menu including but not limited to a happy hour menu or pop-up menu)
- 20% Use of Mezcal Viejo Indecente
- 10% Cocktail Name
*Deadline for entries is no later than 11:59pm on April 17th, 2017. The final competition is Monday, May 15, 2017.
POST YOUR COCKTAIL ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK
To enter, post your cocktail recipe on Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #GettingIndecente. Be sure to include all ingredients, preparation and a good quality photo of your cocktail. You can also submit your cocktail recipe by filling out the form below.
SO, ARE YOU IN?
SUBMIT YOUR RECIPE BELOW
Please, fill out all required fields, be as accurate as possible and attach a nice quality image of your cocktail for best results on the webpage.
3 WINNERS WILL ENJOY A VISIT AND TOUR OF THE DISTILLERY IN OAXACA, MEXICO.
RULES & GUIDELINES
Effective Date: February 17 – April 17, 2017
Chilled Magazine presents the Mezcal Viejo Indecente Bartender Contest
- This cocktail program (the “program”) is organized by Chilled Magazine and sponsored by Mezcal Viejo Indecente.
- This program is available to all residents of the State of Florida who are employees of a bar, restaurant or other licensed establishment for the sale of alcohol to consumers for on-premise consumption. Program is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
- Judges will include representatives from Mezcal Viejo Indecente and respected industry professionals.
- Five finalists will be selected to participate in the finale in Miami scheduled for May 15, 2017 as described below.
All Entrants must:
- Be 21 years of age or older to participate.
- Register at chilledmagazine.com/gettingindecente
- Comply with the website terms and conditions.
- Comply with the program’s rules and regulations.
- Submit an original cocktail recipe via the hashtag #GettingIndecente or via the website at chilledmagazine.com/gettingindecente. Submission must include a photograph (file size no bigger than 10MB), ingredients, one of which must include Mezcal Viejo Indecente, the method, and glassware requirements, if any, no later than 11:59:59 EST p.m. on April 17, 2017. Restricted to one recipe submission per entrant. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
- Must use readily available ingredients. No other un-replicable ingredients. Drinks will be judged on creativity, originality, taste, and whether the cocktail was on any menus at submitor’s place of employment.
- Chilled and Mezcal Viejo Indecente reserve the right to ensure/modify cocktail name and ingredients to comply with any applicable code requirements.
III. Chilled and Mezcal Viejo Indecente reserve the right to feature the cocktail recipe in any and all Chilled and Mezcal Viejo Indecente owned properties in perpetuity.
- Chilled and Mezcal Viejo Indecente reserve the right that the cocktail itself, if chosen as a finalist and or winner, becomes property of Mezcal Viejo Indecente.
- Winner Determination: Five (5) Finalists selected, to attend the finals to be held in Miami on May 15, 2017.
- Must be available to attend the event in Miami on May 15, 2017.
- Must possess a valid and current US passport that has an expiration date no earlier than 6 months after August 17, 2016.
- The Miami Event: Winner Requirements and Prize Details
- All finalists will have adhered to the above.
- This cocktail program event is organized by Chilled Media and sponsored by Mezcal Viejo Indecente to take place on May 15, 2017 in Miami, FL. Finalists, if selected, are responsible for travel to and lodging in Miami, FL.
- Judges will include Mezcal Viejo Indecente and/or respected industry and mixologist professionals.
- The five (5)finalists will be asked to compete in mixology challenges that evening, as judged by Mezcal Viejo Indecente and the panel of industry experts. Participants and their cocktails will be judged on creativity, originality, visual appeal, skill, aroma, and taste.
- Three (3) Grand Prize will be awarded from the five (5) finalists chosen. The prize for the one winner announced will be an all expense paid trip to Oaxaca, Mexico to visit the distillery of Mezcal Viejo Indecente.
- Usage rights of all photos/recipes submissions/video footage of the winner in perpetuity.
- Entry in the program constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Prize is non-transferable. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are winner’s sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said prize. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize.
- Program entry must be original, not have been entered in any other drink recipe competition or violate the rights of other parties, including any intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary right of any other parties. Program entry may not be offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, libelous, reflect poorly on the brands or be inappropriate for use in advertising or for promotional publicity purposes as determined by the Chilled and/or Mezcal Viejo Indecente in their sole discretion. Program entry must be unpublished and must be the work solely of the entrant.
- All materials, documents, information and data submitted to Chilled Media in connection with this program, including the program entry and submission (collectively “Program Entry”) are the property of Mezcal Viejo Indecente, will not be returned and cannot be acknowledged. By entering the program, entrants represent and warrant that their Program Entry is their sole, original work and that it does not infringe upon the rights of any other party, including but not limited to any intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any other party. By submitting a Program Entry, entrant further represents and warrants that any person(s) referenced has given his or her express written consent to the reference and use as contemplated by these Official Rules and that entrant has obtained written permission for such use from any such person. Submission of an entry grants Chilled Media the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify program Entry in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Program Entry, and any ideas or concepts contained therein, in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to Chilled’s website, without limitation or compensation to the entrant and without right of notice, review or approval of any such use of the Program Entry. Submission of a Program Entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Chilled Media any and all rights, title and interest in and to the Program Entry, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and proprietary rights worldwide. Any content, material or information included in Program Entry shall not be confidential, proprietary or trade secret. By submitting a Program Entry, entrant consents to Chilled and Mezcal Viejo Indecente’s use, reproduction and disclosure of the Program Entry, and ideas, concepts or other materials contained therein, for any purpose, including any commercial purpose. Any Program Entry that contains third party artistic works, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos or similar brand identifying marks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights will not constitute a valid Program Entry.
- Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Chilled and Mezcal Viejo Indecente harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above.
This program is open to all working bartenders that are not employed by liquor companies or distributors as full time employees.
By entering this program, you are giving Chilled and Mezcal Viejo Indecente and its affiliates explicit rights to use your photo, an image of your cocktail, cocktail name, and your cocktail recipe for publicity purposes, including social media.
©2017 Chilled Magazine North America ©2017 Chilled Magazine New York, NY. All rights reserved.
PLAY RESPONSIBLY. ©2017 Spirits Marque One, New York, NY.
Sponsored by Mezcal Viejo Indecente, Imported by Park Street Imports, Miami, FL