The Bohemia Chipotle Michelada, by Chef Rick Bayless, is a thrilling combination of spicy chipotle chilies and a refreshing cold Bohemia beer, making every sip an experience as exhilarating as the feeling of watching your favorite team score.
The Bohemia Chipotle Michelada
- 2 fresh lime wedges, cut in half
- Chipotle rimming salt, see recipe below
- 1 tablespoon Frontera Chipotle Hot Sauce or 1 teaspoon pureed canned chipotles en adobo
- 6 ounces chilled Bohemia beer
- 1 slice cucumber, for garnish
- Use a piece of the lime wedge to wet the rim of a tall glass with lime. Dip the rim of the glass into the chipotle rimming salt.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining lime pieces into the glass and then add the lime pieces. Stir in the chipotle hot sauce or pureed chipotles in adobo. Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour in the Bohemia beer. Mix gently. Garnish glass rim with a cucumber slice. Serve.
Chipotle rimming salt: Thoroughly mix 2 tablespoons coarse (kosher) salt and 1 tablespoon ground chipotle chile powder in a small bowl. Pour out onto a small plate to use for rimming beer glasses.