Prince Harry’s Royal Salute Team Wins the Kent & Curwen Cup
The Royal Salute team triumphed at the Kent and Curwen Cup on Saturday, narrowly defeating the Westcombe Group team, 7-6.
Hosted by Lord and Lady Lloyd-Webber at Watership Down, their family estate in Berkshire, Prince Harry’s Royal Salute Team contested a closely fought match, emerging victorious.
The Best Player prize was awarded to Leonora De Ferranti from the Westcombe Group team.
The glamorous event, attended by Lady Gabriella Windsor, Kate Silverton, and singer and actor Aaron Kwok (Kent and Curwen Brand Ambassador), raised funds for the Tusk Trust and Sentebale charities, whose patrons are The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry.
Neil Macdonald, Brand Director of Royal Salute said:[quote]“It was great that the British summer weather finally arrived for the royal charity polo match at Watership Down, a place that is surely one of the most beautiful venues for polo in the UK. We’re proud to have supported this prestigious event and we were thrilled to see the Royal Salute team take the trophy, after a closely fought game.”[/quote]
Royal Salute Scotch Whisky is one of the world’s leading sponsors of international polo, with events that include:
- Australia Sydney Gold Cup, Sydney
- Brazil Copa Ouro Championship, Indaiatuba, São Paulo Brazil Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup 2011, Campinas, São Paulo State
- China Royal Salute China Open, Beijing
- India Royal Salute Maharaja of Jodhpur Golden Jubilee Cup
- South Korea Royal Salute Gold Cup, Jeju
- Spain Santa Maria Club Snow Polo, Sierra Nevada
- Spain: Sotogrande Polo Cup, Cadiz
- UAE Royal Salute Nations Cup, Dubai
- USA Royal Salute CV Whitney Cup, West Palm Beach, Florida